Totally Funded! WALLONIA-BRUSSELS INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE GRANTS PROGRAMME 2023-24 (Quick-term scholarships), Belgium
Deadline for functions: 1 Might 2023
Kind of grant
Sectors and fields of research
Main focus areas: Transport and logistics, Mechanical engineering, Life sciences, Agriculture and bioscience engineering, Aerospace, Environmental applied sciences.
Different fields shall be taken into consideration : Well being (Biomedicine and pharmacy, Motor sciences, Public well being, Dentistry, Medication, Veterinary sciences) ; Science and know-how (Structure and city and nation planning, Science, Agriculture and bioscience engineering, Engineering and know-how) ; Social and human sciences (Criminology, Historical past, artwork historical past and archaeology, Data and communication, Languages, literatures and translation research, Philosophy, Economics and administration, Regulation, Political and social sciences, Psychology and schooling, Theology); Artwork (Performing arts and communication and broadcasting know-how, Plastic, visible and spatial arts, Music, Theatre and dramatic arts).
The Wallonia-Brussels Worldwide Excellence Grants Programme (IN WBI) permits the Universities of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation to obtain overseas researchers for postdoctoral research or postdoctoral analysis programmes.
Kind of programme:
- Lengthy-term scholarships (minimal 1 12 months, renewable as soon as) at postdoctoral degree.
- Quick-term scholarships (1 to three months, non-renewable) at postdoctoral degree.
Lengthy-term scholarships (minimal 1 12 months, renewable as soon as) at postdoctoral degree.
Quick-term scholarships (1 to three months, non-renewable) at postdoctoral degree.
- Month-to-month quantity 2.120 euros overlaying dwelling bills, lodging, instructional supplies and journey bills throughout the nation ;
- Wallonia-Brussels Worldwide (WBI) will cowl worldwide journey prices (one spherical journey for the entire length of the programme) ;
- WBI covers “healthcare” insurance coverage for non-EU fellows ;
- WBI takes accountability for “repatriation help” insurance coverage (just for long-term scholarships).
Grant funded by
Wallonia-Brussels Worldwide – www.wbi.be
Nationality.ies – Profile
Researchers from any nation with a level of physician by a given overseas college wishing to hold out a postdoctoral programme in greater schooling establishments organised or subsidised by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
Degree of research required
Extra phrases and situations
It needs to be famous that you’re allowed to submit a file even if you’re in an lively time period and the doctorate certification isn’t but in your possession. On this case, it is going to be essential to ship proof of accomplishment on the newest on :
- For long-term scholarships (keep between September and August): 1st of June.
- For brief-term scholarships:
- for keep between February and Might : 1st of December ;
- for keep between June and September : 1st of April ;
- for keep between October and January : 1st of July.
Utility course of
Tips on how to apply
The shape have to be typed and despatched by e-mail in one single PDF file (most 10 MB) to the programme supervisor.
To be included within the file:
The appliance type and its appendices have to be duly accomplished and signed within the required locations.
- Utility type ;
- Appendix 1 : Declaration of extra funding (template on web page 10) ;
- Appendix 2 : Minimal 2 letters of reference (template on web page 11) ready by the college of an instructional establishment in a position to choose the scientific high quality of your work. These have to be despatched by e-mail on to WBI and can’t be despatched to you ;
- Appendix 3 : A call for participation or settlement from the host college or from the professor(s) supervising the analysis (no template). It needs to be famous that researching a bunch college is a course of that’s your accountability and WBI doesn’t intervene on this course of ;
- Appendix 4 : Copy of diplomas (bachelor’s, 120 credit grasp’s and doctorate).
Renewal process (applies solely to long-term scholarships):
The utmost length of WBI funding is 2 years for a post-doctorate together with one renewal.
To the extent that nothing is routinely established, it is going to be the accountability of the awarded fellow wishing to resume their funding to submit, yearly by the first of Might on the newest, an utility for renewal (type to be requested out of your supervisor) to be examined by the jury.
For long-term scholarships :
No later than the 1st of March (UTC/GMT +1)previous the tutorial 12 months throughout which the keep is requested (beginning 1st of October on the newest).
For brief-term scholarships :
- for keep between February and Might : no later than the previous 1st of October (UTC/GMT +2);
- for keep between June and September : no later than the previous 1st of February (UTC/GMT +1);
- for keep between October and January (beginning 1st of November on the newest) : no later than the previous 1st of Might (UTC/GMT +2).
Choice Course of
WBI selects candidates in collaboration with all of the scientific, tutorial and institutional companions concerned within the programme.
The jury consists of members :
- from the Nationwide Fund for Scientific Analysis – FRS-FNRS ;
- from the Directorate-Basic for “Financial Affairs, Employment and Analysis” of the Walloon Public Service (DG06) ;
- from WBI.
These base their determination on, however will not be restricted to, the next standards when making their choice :
- Space associated to the Marshall Plan 4.0 competitiveness clusters ;
- Letters of advice connected to the shape ;
- Educational references ;
- Curiosity within the subject of analysis for our universities, analysis centres ;
- Scientific publications ;
- Skilled profession.
These standards make it potential to set out classifications in three A-B-C classes. Solely these functions which have been graded A by not less than one of many members of the jury shall be selectable.
It needs to be famous that sub-categories (A- and A+) are a part of class A.
In precept, the choice shall be taken on the newest :
For long-term scholarships : no later than the 15th of July.
For long-term scholarships :
- for stays beginning between February and Might : by the 1st of January ;
- for stays beginning between June and September : by the 1st of Might ;
- for stays beginning between October and January : by the 1st of September.
Supply / Extra data: Official Web site HERE.