Totally Funded! The Joint Japan/World Financial institution Graduate Scholarship Program 2023-24 for college students from growing international locations
Deadline for functions: 28 February 2023
The Joint Japan/World Financial institution Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to residents of sure growing international locations with related skilled expertise and a historical past of supporting their international locations’ improvement efforts who’re making use of to a grasp diploma program in a development-related matter.
Topic to out there funding, JJWBGSP affords scholarships for 45 Taking part Grasp’s Packages in 27 universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan in key areas of improvement, together with financial coverage administration, tax coverage, and infrastructure administration.
Please observe that if you’re not admitted to considered one of these 45 Taking part Grasp’s Packages, you aren’t eligible to use for a JJWBGSP Scholarship in 2023.
To accommodate the tutorial calendar of JJWBGSP Taking part Packages, the following software course of can be organized in two rounds:
Please observe that particular software procedures will should be adopted for 3 Taking part Packages in 2023.
The hyperlink to the web JJWBGSP Utility Type is just communicated by JJWBGSP Taking part Packages to the candidates they’ve shortlisted. Please contact straight the Taking part Program you might be focusing on.
After incomes their diploma, growing nation students decide to return to their dwelling nation to make use of their new abilities and contribute to their international locations’ social and financial improvement.
A JJWBGSP scholarship offers tuition, a month-to-month dwelling stipend, round-trip airfare, medical insurance, and journey allowance. View an in depth record of advantages.
Particulars on Eligibility Standards for every name for functions are supplied in that decision’s Utility Tips, and these detailed eligibility standards are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made.
Broadly talking, Growing Nation nationals should:
- Be a nationwide of a World Financial institution member growing nation on this record;
- Not maintain twin citizenship of any developed nation;
- Be in good well being;
- Maintain a Bachelor’s (or equal) diploma earned a minimum of 3 years previous to the Utility Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or extra of latest development-related work expertise after incomes a Bachelor’s (or equal) diploma;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time place on the time of submitting the scholarship software. Have a minimum of 3 years of paid development-related employment since incomes a Bachelor’s diploma (or equal college diploma) and bought inside the previous 6 years from the date of the Utility Deadline. Please see FAQs—Window 1 on how one can depend certified half time employment towards this 3-year requirement. Please see Annex 2 of the Utility Tips for a instructed record of development-related subjects. The one exception to this criterion is for growing nation nationals from a rustic that’s on the record of Fragile and Battle States featured in Annex 3 of the Utility Tips. In these distinctive circumstances, we do consider the restricted employment alternatives in these international locations listed in Annex 3.
- On or earlier than the Scholarship Utility Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (apart from funding) for the upcoming tutorial 12 months to a minimum of one of many JJ/WBGSP taking part grasp’s applications situated exterior of the applicant’s nation of citizenship and nation of residence listed on the time the decision for scholarship functions opens. The letter of admission have to be uploaded earlier than submitting your software. For particulars, see “How you can Apply”.
- Not be an Government Director, his/her alternate, and/or employees of any sort of appointment of the World Financial institution Group or a detailed relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the time period “shut relative” outlined as: Mom, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
Please observe: All eligibility standards are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility standards WILL NOT change throughout an open name for functions. Nonetheless, this data is topic to alter between the shut of 1 software course of and the opening of the following.
The JJ/WBGSP makes use of the next course of to evaluation eligible scholarship functions from growing nation nationals, with the purpose of figuring out the candidates with the very best potential, after completion of their graduate research, to impression the event of their international locations.
Two certified assessors independently evaluation every eligible software and rating the appliance on a scale of 1 to 10, considering 4 essential elements and the diploma of cohesion amongst them:
- High quality of Skilled Expertise (30% weight)
- High quality of Skilled Suggestions (30% weight)
- High quality of Dedication to your Residence Nation (30% weight)
- High quality of Schooling Background (10% weight)
The JJ/WBGSP Secretariat makes use of the typical rating of the 2 assessors and the next standards to pick the finalists:
- Sustaining a fairly vast geographical distribution of awards
- Sustaining an inexpensive distribution of awards throughout gender
- Uncommon circumstances/hardships, when assessing the employment expertise and different points of an software;
- Giving scholarships to these candidates who, different issues being equal, have restricted entry to monetary sources for graduate research overseas.
The JJWBGSP Secretariat presents the finalists for the Taking part Program scholarship to the JJ/WBG Steering Committee (composed of members of the World Financial institution Board of Administrators and WB administration) for approval. Winners are notified quickly after the JJWBG Steering Committee approval.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship offers the recipient with the next advantages:
- Economic system class air journey between your own home nation and the host college at first of your examine program and instantly following the tip of the scholarship interval. Along with the two-way air journey, students will obtain a US $500 journey allowance for every journey;
- Tuition in your graduate program and the price of fundamental medical insurance coverage obtained by the college.
- Whereas on campus throughout the scholarship interval, a month-to-month subsistence allowance to cowl all dwelling bills (lodging, meals, and many others., together with books). The quantity of the allowance varies relying on the host nation.
Please observe all JJ/WBGSP scholarships cowl the length of the graduate program or two years, whichever is much less.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship doesn’t cowl:
- VISA software(s) prices
- Bills to convey and/or help a scholar’s members of the family;
- Additional-curricular programs or coaching;
- Programs that don’t meet the minimal credit required to earn the graduate diploma;
- Language coaching not supplied by the graduate program;
- Further journey throughout the course of the examine program;
- Bills associated to analysis, supplementary academic supplies, subject journeys, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Instructional tools reminiscent of computer systems.
- Resident allow price
Notice: The JJ/WBGSP scholarship might solely complement, and doesn’t duplicate, some other supply of monetary help/fellowship you may need. If you’re notified to be a semi-finalist or if you’re awarded a scholarship, you have to inform and doc to the JJ/WBGSP at the moment you probably have different sources of scholarship funds.
Supply / Extra data: Official Web site HERE.