PhD fellowship strategic primary analysis 2023-24, Belgium
Deadline for functions: 1 March 2023
A PhD Fellowship strategic primary analysis (SB) permits younger researchers to arrange a PhD, and to grow to be strategically considering and innovation-oriented scientists.
Strategic primary analysis within the context of a PhD grant stands for difficult and progressive analysis (at PhD stage), which, if profitable, might in the long term result in progressive functions (merchandise, processes, providers) with financial added worth for particular firms, for a collective of firms, or a sector, or consistent with the Flanders 2025 transition areas (socioeconomic advantages)
For the funding of a restricted variety of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with Plantentuin Meise, INBO, VITO en Flanders Hydraulics (WL).
Third name: “Frank De Winne” PhD fellowships. Within the context of the impulse programme “Flemish house economic system” a 3rd name (8 fellowships) is built-in within the common PhD fellowships SB 2023 name, with a devoted knowledgeable panel.
|Because of the assist of the Demoucelle Parkinson Charity, the FWO – Demoucelle Parkinson Charity PhD fellowship is launched in 2023. This can be a new fellowship for a promising younger researcher whose analysis topic is biomedical analysis on Parkinson’s illness. Purposes in common FWO requires PhD fellowships basic analysis or strategic primary analysis are eligible for this fellowship.So as to apply for this name:Submit a daily software for a PhD Fellowship basic analysis or a PhD Fellowship strategic primary analysis (submission deadline 1 March 2023 17:00h CET).Ship an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org earlier than 1 March 2023, 17:00h CET together with your software quantity, the identify of the applicant, the English title of your analysis proposal and a brief motivation (max. 100 phrases) why you want to be thought-about for this fellowship. Please put your supervisor and any co-supervisors in cc of this e-mail.|
- Interval: 2 years, renewable as soon as, for 2 extra years
- Web month-to-month scholarship quantity: minimal € 2,246.91
- Mounted bench payment: € 3,720 per yr
- Name 2023 open 07 December 2022
- Deadline submission 01 March 2023 17:00h CET
- Announcement of choice outcomes 06 October 2023
- Begin fellowship: 1 November 2023
Profile and circumstances
- For extra particulars on the eligibility standards, seek the advice of the laws PhD fellowship strategic primary analysis.
- You might be affiliated to a college within the Flemish Group.
- Firstly of the fellowship, candidates should be holder of a diploma no less than equal to a grasp’s diploma following a bachelor’s diploma and awarded by the competent establishments in one of many international locations of the European Financial Space or Switzerland*.
*You’ll be able to have your certificates, awarded exterior EEA and Switzerland, acknowledged by NARIC, as being on the extent of a Flemish grasp diploma. This additionally applies to diplomas awarded within the UK.
- The grasp diploma or equal diploma will need to have been obtained not sooner than 3 years earlier than the cut-off date of the decision.
- On 1 March 2023 (software submission deadline) you’ve gotten 18 months scientific seniority at most.
- You’ll be able to apply most two occasions for a PhD fellowship
- You haven’t beforehand obtained an FWO PhD fellowship (not even partially).
- You agree with the Analysis Integrity Clause
Submission and choice process
- In a nutshell:
- You discover a promotor affiliated to a Flemish college who is able to information you as a doctoral pupil.
- You submit your software on-line (FWO e-portal).
- The promotor is invited by the FWO to jot down a letter of advice.
- After the preselection by the FWO knowledgeable panel, you’ll be notified and relying in your consequence, invited on 05 June 2023 to the second spherical with interview.
- In case you are chosen for the second spherical, you’ll be interviewed by the panel between panel between 30 Augustus and 29 September 2023.The dates of the interviews are listed by panel right here (replace Jun 2023). The interviews will happen within the new places of work of FWO (Leuvenseweg 38, 1000 Brussels). Pointers for the interview are listed right here (name 2022) .
- The Knowledgeable panels report back to the Board of Trustees, who decides on the appointment. The outcomes can be introduced by way of e mail and by way of our outcomes web page on 06 October 2023
- You obtain suggestions on the choice and the findings of the knowledgeable panel.
- The analysis and choice procedures can be defined throughout infosessions (see beneath)
Info for candidates
Analysis and choice procedures are commented in the course of the info periods and in this presentation. The presentation permits to higher perceive the analysis and choice course of, and to preprare an software that meets the choice standards.
Registration for these infosessions at your internet hosting instituition – Analysis Coordination:
5 december 2022 VUB
7 december 2022 UHasselt
8 december 2022 UAntwerpen
9 december 2022 KU Leuven
9 december 2022 UGent
As a candidate PhD fellow chances are you’ll be apprehensive in regards to the influence of the COVID-19 disaster on the energy of your software file and the ambitions of your analysis venture.
Subsequently we advise you to say particular elements that affect your software within the entry subject ‘profession breaks’ and, the place acceptable, ‘motivation assertion’, ‘analysis stays’ and/or within the venture description file. The FWO will explicitly instruct the panel members to take this into consideration when assessing your software.
Help together with your software
- Recognizing broader scope for analysis:
- The appliance type has been amended to present extra consideration to varied researcher profiles and analysis outcomes. The aim of those amendments is to present researchers the chance to display the build up of their analysis profession via a spread of scientifically related actions, abilities, experiences and achievements. The FWO is thus following a world development away from a one-sided give attention to ‘classical’ output standards (equivalent to publications, bibliometrics, patents and the like) in the direction of a broader view of what science will be and attain, with respect for the specificity of every self-discipline. The brand new software kinds are aimed to assist the researcher display that versatility The analysis process has additionally been amended accordingly since name 2022: within the rating grids, the rating descriptors have been supplemented with the brand new parts within the software type.
- Percentiles (research outcomes)
The right way to place your research outcomes inside your research group? This is a component of the analysis by the knowledgeable panel. Learn to discover ‘your’ percentile right here.
- Knowledgeable panels:make the right selection
- Select the SB knowledgeable panel that most closely fits your proposal, based mostly on contribution to state-of-the-art (not per se subject of software). Extra knowledgeable panel ‘Frank De Winne’ fellowships, with give attention to software potential within the house economic system. Fastidiously test the up to date SB panel scopeswith the intention to take advantage of sufficient selection.
- If in the course of the analysis of your proposal there’s a panel consensus that the appliance is out of scopeit may be rejected for that purpose. You will need to stress that the accountability for the match between software and panel is the applicant’s!
- The up to date composition of the SB panels can be revealed just a few weeks after the decision has been closed. The 2022 panels are discovered right here.
- Record Flanders 2025 transition areas(to check with within the software type w.r.t. financial finality positioning)
- Scoring grids
The scoring grid (scoring descriptors) will utilized by the knowledgeable panels as a reference framework for the analysis in the course of the preselection resp. interview periods.
- Pointers interview (replace Juni 2023)
- Dates panel conferences interviews (replace Juni 2023)
Working as a FWO PhD fellow?
What occurs when the FWO has accepted your fellowship? Right here we take you step-by-step via the completely different levels of your fellowship.
Supply / Extra info: Official Web site HERE.