Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) 2023-24, College of Toronto, Canada
Deadline for purposes: 1 June 2023
Worth & Period
The worth of the OGS is $5,000 per session. Thus, awardees might obtain $10,000 for 2 consecutive classes or $15,000 for 3 consecutive classes. In all cases, the awarding graduate unit will contribute to one-third the price of the entire award obtained by the scholars.
Every scholarship is tenable for one yr (i.e., two consecutive or three tutorial classes). The worth and length of every OGS award will likely be decided by the awarding graduate unit and detailed within the provide letter.
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) program encourages excellence in graduate research at publicly-assisted universities in Ontario. Since 1975, the OGS program has been offering merit-based scholarships to Ontario’s finest graduate college students in all disciplines of educational examine. The scholarship program at U of T is collectively funded by the Province of Ontario and the College of Toronto. The Province allocates OGS awards to universities specifying the variety of awards that every might provide to their college students yearly.
- Be a Canadian citizen, Everlasting Resident, or Protected Individual beneath subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Safety Act (Canada) by the coed deadline as decided by every graduate unit; Worldwide college students who’re finding out or plan to check on the College of Toronto beneath a brief resident visa (scholar examine allow) are eligible for a set variety of OGS awards (legitimate examine permits have to be efficient as of the graduate items’ OGS worldwide software deadline);
- COVID-19 exception: At the moment registered worldwide graduate college students who haven’t but been capable of acquire a examine allow as a consequence of COVID-19 circumstances are eligible to use. Nonetheless, these candidates will need to have a legitimate examine allow as a way to maintain the award;
- Be registered or intend to register in an eligible program on a full-time foundation in 2023-2024;
- An eligible program is outlined as a full-time program of examine of two or three phrases on the College of Toronto resulting in a graduate diploma. A full-time scholar is one who’s in a minimum of 60% of a full course load (40% for college students with a everlasting incapacity) or as outlined by their establishment. Program eligibility is set individually by every graduate unit. College students ought to fastidiously evaluate the knowledge outlined by the graduate unit they intend to be registered in, to find out if their program is eligible for the graduate unit’s OGS competitors.
- Haven’t exceeded the lifetime most of government-funded assist or most OGS/QEII assist obtainable for his or her present degree of examine (see Most Help beneath); and
- Have achieved a minimum of A- (or equal) in every of the final two accomplished years of examine (full-time equal); or if the coed has accomplished two years or extra of graduate research on the time of software, the coed should solely exhibit an total common of a minimum of A- (or equal) on all graduate programs accomplished.
Word: If marks used for calculating an applicant’s grade level common (GPA) aren’t obtainable (e.g., programs had been graded on a pass-fail foundation), then the following most up-to-date obtainable undergraduate or graduate marks must be used to find out eligibility.
Eligibility to Maintain an OGS Award
To carry an OGS award, recipients:
- Should register and stay enrolled as a full-time scholar at U of T in an eligible program on the graduate unit from which the OGS was awarded;
- Who withdraw, switch to part-time standing, full diploma necessities previous to the top of their award, or fail to finish the complete session will likely be required to repay the funds obtained for the unfinished session;
- Should be in good standing with the Ontario Scholar Help Program (OSAP). Candidates who’ve defaulted on a Canada or Ontario Scholar Mortgage, or have didn’t make passable compensation on a mortgage overpayment, are ineligible to obtain the award. These with an OSAP restriction should still apply for the OGS. Nonetheless, if awarded, they will need to have the restriction cleared inside 30 days of notification as a way to settle for and maintain the award;
- Could settle for analysis assistantships, part-time instructing positions, or different paid employment that doesn’t have an effect on their standing as a full-time graduate scholar and is commensurate with the graduate unit insurance policies. Sometimes, college students holding full-time paid employment aren’t eligible to obtain an OGS from the College of Toronto; and
- Can not maintain an OGS award in the identical session (overlapping) or in the identical award yr as a scholarship from SSHRC, NSERC, CIHR, QEII-GSST, or one other OGS.
The eligibility standards supplied listed here are the minimal necessities solely. Graduate items might impose further standards to use, obtain, or maintain an OGS. Please inquire along with your graduate unit relating to any further necessities or circumstances to these listed right here.
College students are restricted within the variety of years that they might maintain an OGS.
Grasp’s college students might obtain a most of two years of OGS/QEII-GSST awards. Doctoral college students might obtain a most of 4 years of OGS/QEII awards. Each are topic to a lifetime most of six years per scholar.
As well as, OGS pointers limit college students to a lifetime most of six years of government-funded awards and prohibit college students from holding an OGS and one other government-funded award concurrently.
Awards beneath the next applications are included in these restrictions:
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program (OGS)
- Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Expertise (QEII-GSST) (previously OGSST)
- Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Analysis Council of Canada (SSHRC)
- Pure Sciences and Engineering Analysis Council (NSERC)
- Canadian Institute of Well being Analysis (CIHR)
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)
Utility Course of
Candidates should submit an OGS software to their proposed graduate unit utilizing the U of T College of Graduate Research centralized on-line OGS software. Every graduate unit could have their very own inside submission deadline to which candidates should adhere. Previous to making use of, candidates ought to evaluate the OGS Utility Directions.
As soon as your entire software has been accomplished and submitted on-line, it is going to be made obtainable to the proposed graduate unit for evaluate and consideration.
Vital be aware for potential college students: OGS awards aren’t transferrable between universities or between graduate items at U of T. Accordingly, college students should submit an OGS software to every graduate unit for which they’re in search of admission at U of T and to every Ontario establishment if making use of to a number of universities (every establishment could have its personal distinctive OGS software and course of).
Vital be aware for visa college students: Candidates holding a legitimate examine allow by the graduate unit’s OGS worldwide software deadline are eligible to use following the identical software course of and inside deadlines set by their present or proposed graduate unit. Graduate items will choose and ahead a restricted variety of purposes to the College of Graduate Research to compete in a centralized adjudication.
OGS software kind
Transcripts from all post-secondary establishments (unofficial and student-issued transcripts are permitted; e.g., ACORN screenshots).
Earlier awards/publications/convention/analysis expertise.
Plan of examine (Most 2 pages: 1 web page for Plan of Research, 1 web page for references/citations).
Two tutorial references (referees will likely be required to submit on-line).
Supply / Extra data: Official Web site HERE.