Harvard College Skilled Course on Discover Recreation Improvement and Design
What you’ll be taught
- A broad and strong understanding of pc science, programming, and software program improvement
- Ideas like abstraction, algorithms, knowledge constructions, encapsulation, useful resource administration, safety, software program engineering, and net improvement
- Ideas of 2D and 3D graphics, animation, sound, and collision detection
- Unity and LÖVE 2D, plus Lua and C#
- The basics of recreation design and improvement
The video video games of the Nineteen Seventies and Nineteen Eighties have by no means misplaced their attraction. Pong, Tremendous Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda — these video games outlined a era and set the stage for the large billion-dollar online game business of immediately. Even among the many present blockbuster action-adventure titles, retro indie video games play an vital function, however how are these video games made? What ideas do you should grasp to change into a recreation designer and create the following hit title?
These programs will lead you thru the most well-liked undergraduate course at Harvard, CS50, an Introduction to Pc Science. The primary course will introduce you to widespread programming languages, offering a robust basis to construct the abilities essential to design and develop your individual recreation. The second course will introduce you to the basics of recreation programming itself.
You’ll discover the design of traditional video games — and newer titles like Offended Birds and Portal — in a quest to grasp how video video games are constructed. By means of lectures and hands-on tasks, you’ll discover the ideas of 2D and 3D pc graphics, animation, sound, and collision detection. You’ll learn to use frameworks like Unity and LÖVE 2D, in addition to languages like Lua and C#. Be part of now to program your individual video games and achieve an intensive understanding of recreation design and improvement.