CTA communication officer with ICRC
What we do
The Worldwide Committee of the Purple Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to offer safety and humanitarian help to individuals affected by battle and armed violence. We take motion in response to emergencies and, on the identical time, promote respect for worldwide humanitarian regulation. We’re an unbiased and impartial group, and our mandate stems primarily from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work carefully with Nationwide Purple Cross and Purple Crescent Societies and with their Worldwide Federation as a way to guarantee a concerted, rational and speedy humanitarian response to the wants of the victims of armed battle or another state of affairs of inner violence. We direct and coordinate the worldwide actions performed in these conditions.
Goal of the place
The Communication Officer helps the Communications and Coverage Advisor in growing and executing methods within the areas of communication for the Central Tracing Company (CTA) in relation to the worldwide armed battle between the Russian Federation and Ukraine (in coordination with related Purple Cross & Purple Crescent Nationwide Societies (NS) and ICRC area delegations).
The officer helps in growing talking traces, public communication, and different instruments to foster well timed and efficient communication. Facilitates the Worldwide Purple Cross and Purple Crescent Motion Communication (MOV COM) and promotes the Restoring Household Hyperlinks (RFL) providers in context of the battle alone. Contributes to the media relations file upon request.
Major duties and obligations
Motion Communication: Works with related colleagues on the headquarter and the sphere to facilitate Restoring Household Hyperlinks communication info trade, manufacturing assist, and related public communication. The officer contributes to defining regional approaches to the Motion Communications, together with the rules and instruments. Helps the manufacturing of the audio-video, print, and different supplies within the area.
Public communication: Helps the media relations in step with the institutional communication methods and approaches by performing as a spokesperson upon request, develops the general public communication traces in a coordinated method. Contributes to growing manufacturing and content material era to be showcased on ICRC.org and institutional social media channels. Helps when wanted with drafting key messages and content material on subjects of curiosity.
Operational Communication: Helps the decision middle of the CTA Bureau within the definition of the communication traces. Recurrently updates the Q&A for name operators in shut coordination with related colleagues. Collects tales and different content material, in addition to finest practices.
- Helps the CTA Bureau in new communications initiatives, upon request.
- Helps with translation, if wanted.
Individuals administration obligations
Schooling and Expertise required
- College diploma or equal (ideally grasp’s stage) in a related area corresponding to communications, advertising and marketing, or journalism
- Minimal 3-4 years of expertise in communication, both throughout the ICRC or in massive scale organizations.
- Minimal 3-4 years of expertise in growing communication content material (print and on-line), together with work with exterior companies.
- Subject expertise with the ICRC or related organizations is an asset
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English is obligatory. Russian or Ukrainian language abilities are an asset.
- Excellent understanding of the ICRC and the worldwide humanitarian sector basically.
- Kind of position: Max Time period Contract
- Working price: 100%
- Beginning date: [[ASAP]]
- Location: [[Geneva]]
- Size of project: [[until 31st Dec 2023]]
- Software deadline: 28/03/2023