Christine and Ian Bolt Scholarship 2023-24, College of Kent, UK
Deadline for purposes: 14 Could 2023
Scholarship worth: As much as £10,000
- Maintain a superb bachelor’s (1st or 2.1), or Grasp’s diploma (benefit or distinction);
- Maintain a proposal of a spot, or be a presently registered scholar, for a full-time postgraduate analysis or taught diploma on the College of Kent for the next educational yr inside one of many listed Educational Divisions:
- Arts and Humanities;
- Human and Social Sciences;
- Kent Enterprise Faculty; or
- Legislation, Society and Social Justice.
- Have wonderful communication expertise, each written and oral, and be capable of clarify their mission clearly and with out jargon to non-experts,
- Convey their ardour for his or her mission to a wider viewers and persuade the panel of the mission’s wider worth
- Act as ‘ambassador’ for each the College and their topic.
The profitable candidates will probably be chosen on the premise of educational excellence, achievements thus far of their chosen area and their communication expertise.
Desire will probably be given to college students and to candidates who haven’t had the chance to stay or examine for an prolonged time period within the USA.
Candidates should be out there for video interview, by way of Zoom, week commencing twelfth June 2023, actual date to be confirmed.
The Christine and Ian Bolt Scholarships have been arrange in reminiscence of Christine Bolt, Emeritus Professor of Historical past on the College of Kent, and have been generously funded by her late husband, Ian Bolt. Profitable candidates will probably be awarded as much as £10,000 every (to incorporate tuition charges) to assist a sustained interval of analysis in America for as much as one yr. In distinctive circumstances, the scholarship holders could also be invited to re-apply for an extra one yr’s funding.
Scholarships are geared toward college students whose space of analysis has an American aspect and/or the place the centre of experience or an vital supply of analysis materials is situated in the USA of America.
Funding is out there for as much as three students.
How one can apply
Apply by submitting the next separate paperwork to email@example.com earlier than the deadline:
- Analysis proposal of roughly 2000 phrases
- Protecting letter stating the the reason why they’d want to obtain the scholarship. The overlaying letter ought to embody the names of two referees
- Proposed price range exhibiting use of the scholarship funds
- Educational references from two referees, written in English on official headed paper (by way of e-mail straight out of your referee if this isn’t potential), that embody:
- your suitability to obtain the scholarship on each educational and normal grounds.
- full identify and standing/title of referee.
- identify, deal with and phone variety of the referee’s establishment or place of business.
- particulars of the referee’s relationship to the applicant.
- full identify of the applicant.
- reference to the Christine and Ian Bolt Scholarship.
All paperwork should be in both Microsoft Phrase or PDF format, paperwork that aren’t despatched on this format, is not going to be reviewed. Please do NOT ship paperwork by way of Google Docs or SharePoint.
Candidates are reminded that an utility is not going to be thought of till all paperwork have been obtained. It’s the applicant’s duty to make sure that all paperwork, together with references, are obtained by the Scholarships Unit earlier than the deadline date.
Supply / Extra info: Official Web site HERE.