Charity for Charity Scholarship for Worldwide College students at Tilburg College, Netherlands
The Tilburg College Fund Basis and the Charitas Basis have collectively created the Charity for Charity Fund to help research within the discipline of care and the non secular life at Tilburg College by the next scholar teams:
- girls dwelling a religious life both inside a non secular neighborhood of any religion or exterior it
- feminine college students from rising and creating international locations.
The Charitas Basis, an establishment of the Roman Catholic Church, is chargeable for persevering with the legacy of Congregation of the Franciscan Sisters of Charity, in whose title this help shall be supplied.
Following within the custom of St Francis of Assisi, the Congregation of the Franciscan Sisters of Charity, established in 1834 by Mom Theresia Saelmakers, labored inside the neighborhood, offering nursing care and schooling. The religious traits of the Congregation had been expressed as: Serving to others in cheerfulness, simplicity and above all in love, and spreading one’s personal pleasure of life among the many sick and needy in prayer and sacrifice. They believed in serving to first, then praying.
What number of Scholarships can be found?
A mean of 5 scholarships shall be made accessible every year from September 2022 onwards.
Who’s eligible for the Scholarship?
Ladies from any non secular background who acknowledge themselves within the core values of the Franciscan Sisters of Charity and of Catholic social instructing and who need to contribute to serving to the weak in the neighborhood are invited to use for a Scholarship.
With a purpose to develop into eligible for this scholarship, you need to match one of many two profiles beneath:
- Ladies dwelling a religious life both inside a non secular neighborhood of any religion or exterior such a neighborhood. These candidates shall be given choice for the Scholarship award. (OR)
- Feminine college students from rising and creating international locations (*).
It’s essential to additionally be dedicated to the core values of the Charitas Basis: solidarity, respect for all, servitude to the service of others, and affinity with the poor. And you need to need to contribute to lightening the load of the weak.
(*)On this case, creating and rising international locations embody all non-European international locations, besides Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and United States.
- You match one of many profiles described above (AND)
- You have been admitted (both conditionally or unconditionally) to one in every of our one 12 months Grasp’s packages associated both immediately or not directly to the sector of care and non secular life. These are the popular packages:
- Please be aware that the above packages have choice with regard to choice, however this doesn’t exclude the opposite 1-year masters packages provided by the college. Due to this fact, in the event you match the candidate profile, however this system of your alternative is just not listed, we nonetheless invite you to use.
The Scholarship consists of:
- A full tuition price waiver
- A contribution to dwelling bills of €10,000
- Apply for admission to one in every of these Grasp’s packages, as quickly as doable, however earlier than April 1, 2023.
Please be aware: functions will solely be thought of from those that have been conditionally or unconditionally admitted to a related one 12 months Grasp’s program by Might 1, 2023.
- Write a motivation letter wherein you introduce your self and clarify why you have an interest within the Charity scholarship. Please reply the next questions within the letter as properly:
- What would you contribute to Tilburg College (socially, academically, culturally)?
- Tilburg College’s motto is “Understanding Society”. How would you replicate this on your self? How do you perceive society?
- What (non secular) values do you adhere to? And why?
- How may you assist the weak/poor ones together with your data and experiences?
- What are your profession aspirations? And the way does your research at Tilburg College helps to realize them?
- Submit the Charitas software webform and add the motivation letter by Might 1, 2023.
- Tilburg College and an Advisory Committee consisting of Board Members of the Charitas Basis will assess every software.
- Candidates shall be knowledgeable in regards to the end result of their software by the center of June 2023.