2023 FIG Basis PhD Scholarships for college kids from low-middle revenue international locations 2023-24
Deadline for purposes: 1 June 2023
The FIG Basis will likely be offering scholarships of as much as 4,000 euros plus doable funding for convention journey to PhD college students.
For extra data together with how you can write a grant proposal see
- be learning for a PhD diploma and registered solely in a surveying/geomatics tutorial programme that teaches surveying in a rustic listed by the World Financial institution as a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle revenue economic system,
- have had a paper accepted by a peer reviewed worldwide journal primarily based on their doctoral analysis undertaking; candidates needs to be the lead creator, and the paper needs to be co-authored with their supervisor,
- mustn’t have submitted their remaining thesis on the utility deadline.
To use, candidates ought to submit the paperwork listed under, in addition to full the submission guidelines. Profitable candidates will qualify for an extra grant of as much as 3,000 euros to attend and current a peer reviewed paper at a FIG convention.
Purposes will likely be judged on the standard of the applying and wish. Within the occasion that two glorious purposes are judged to be of equal high quality, purposes from low-income and lower-middle revenue international locations will likely be most popular. Potential candidates ought to view each movies on Learn how to Apply for FIG Grants on the FIG Basis net web page underneath Grants & Fellowships at:
Purposes are to be despatched to firstname.lastname@example.org with “FIG Basis PhD Scholarship Utility” proven in Topic Line. Candidates are to not contact Basis administrators individually. Choices are remaining. No correspondence will likely be entered into throughout or after the competitors.
Deadline 1 June 2023.
Candidates ought to submit the next set of paperwork in English as a single file in PDF format on A4 measurement paper utilizing 25 mm (1” margins). Every merchandise ought to start on a brand new web page. Make sure that you adhere to the necessities above to keep away from disqualification, and likewise make it possible for all the next required paperwork are appropriately stuffed in and included in your utility.
- A accomplished verify listing. This guidelines is offered on the finish of this doc and you need to use this to verify that every one paperwork are included in your utility and likewise embrace the guidelines in your submission. Notice that if one merchandise on the guidelines is lacking or disqualifies the candidate, the applying is unlikely to be thought of.
- A canopy sheet exhibiting the candidate’s private particulars and people of his/her establishment.
- A short description and argument as to how the applicant’s tutorial programme addresses the “teaches surveying and graduates surveyors” part of Qualification Criterion 1 above. Present net hyperlinks to programme descriptions, course outlines and particulars of programs.
- A 200 phrase summary. This needs to be written in phrases comprehensible to the lay individual; just like a press launch and which the FIG Basis may really use as a press launch within the occasion of a profitable utility.
- A one web page analysis proposal as per the template under on A4 measurement paper. Notice that the one web page restrict will likely be strictly enforced; materials that extends past one web page will likely be deleted.
- For the paper accepted by a peer reviewed worldwide journal primarily based on their doctoral analysis undertaking, present a replica of the paper that was re-submitted to the journal after corrections have been accomplished, or submit the revealed paper.
- A letter from the editor of the journal indicating that the paper has been accepted and that the mandatory corrections have been accomplished satisfactorily.
- The journal’s referees’ reviews for the paper.
- An inventory of peer reviewed journal publications over the past 6 years utilizing the Worldwide Journal of GIS (IJGIS) reference listing format. Use the next headings: Peer Reviewed Journal Papers, Peer Reviewed Convention Papers, Non- Peer Reviewed Convention Papers, Non- Peer Reviewed Journal Papers, Books, Guide Chapters and so forth. See Notes for Authors on the IJGIS web site.
- An inventory of analysis funding obtained over the previous 5 years, indicating which grants are peer reviewed or not.
- An outline of analysis compliance, the analysis account and exercise auditing constructions and processes of their establishment. For instance, if a scientist spends cash inappropriately, are there constructions in place to refund the granting company? Present the names and net addresses of the administration departments and official organisation descriptions coping with analysis compliance.
- An outline of the constructions and processes of their establishment that pertain to analysis ethics, specifically ethics regarding analysis involving human topics, if that’s related to the grant utility. Present the names and net addresses of the administration departments and official organisation descriptions coping with analysis compliance.
- A finances indicating how the funds will likely be spent and a one web page justification of the finances. Notice that as a normal rule, gear is not going to be funded. Journey to FIG Conferences to current outcomes and tuition charges could also be included within the finances. Per diems for subject work is not going to be funded, however cheap precise prices of subject work are refundable.
- A short letter from the applicant’s PhD supervisor indicating that they’ve learn this doc, that they affirm that the applicant has seen the movies on Learn how to Write Grant Proposals to the FIG Basis, and that they’ve learn the applicant’s proposal and advocate (or not) that the FIG Basis Board of Administrators contemplate the proposal.
- For transparency functions, profitable proposals, grantees’ remaining reviews and progress reviews on their actions and use funds will likely be revealed on the Basis net web page, and maybe elsewhere, the place acceptable. Please point out your consent or in any other case to your proposal(s) and reviews to be revealed. Grantees ought to present compelling causes for these paperwork to not be revealed.
- In a separate PDF doc, present a complete tutorial CV. Search recommendation on what constitutes an educational CV.
Instructed Studying – Sources of Helpful Data for Writing a Correct Grant Proposal:
There are a variety of articles and movies on the web on how you can write profitable grant proposals and “grantsmanship”. Firstly view the FIG Basis movies on how you can write an utility to the FIG Basis which could be discovered on the FIG Basis web site. Do an web search on how you can write profitable Canadian Pure Sciences and Engineering Analysis Council (NSERC) and Social Sciences and Humanities Analysis Council (SSHRC) purposes.
Grant holders are anticipated to file a report, co-signed by their supervisor and division head, inside a yr of receiving their grant indicating how the cash was spent. Supervisors of profitable candidates will likely be contacted to substantiate that they’re ready to do that earlier than any cash is handed over. Supervisors must also point out that they’re conscious of level 9 above.
FIG Basis grants don’t pay College overhead or administration assistant prices. Profitable candidates must search exemption if their establishment requires a portion of analysis grants for overhead prices.
MAIN PROPOSAL TEMPLATE
The principle a part of the proposal, outlined under, needs to be a most of 1 A4 web page, typed in single spaced Occasions New Roman 12 level font utilizing the stipulated headings. Any extra pages will likely be deleted from the proposal. Use layman’s language; evaluators are unlikely to be accustomed to jargon.
Analysis Undertaking Title – new web page – (most one line Occasions New Roman 12 level capitals)
Analysis Goal: State in a sentence or two the central goal of the analysis.
Significance of the Analysis / Downside:
Why is that this analysis value doing? What downside or state of affairs does it handle? What are the sensible purposes of the analysis? What does it contribute to information?
Present State of Data / Room for Enchancment/Gaps:
What’s the current idea within the specific subject? What features of current idea are open to problem or additional improvement?
Analysis Methodology and Strategies:
Describe the theoretical basis of your work, the first technique of inquiry, and the strategies of knowledge assortment and evaluation.
Key Contribution: Describe the important thing contribution(s) of this analysis undertaking, each sensible (i.e. to society at massive) and theoretical.
References – new web page – in IJGIS format.
Supply / Extra data: Official Web site HERE.